- Nominations open for Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer Award
- Nominations are now open for the Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer. The state winner will be announced at the Georgia Peanut Farm Show on Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, in Tifton, Ga. The award is sponsored by the Georgia Peanut Commission and Bayer CropScience. read
more . . .
- Georgia Peanut Commission urges timely completion of farm bill
- The Southern Peanut Farmers Federation, The National Cotton Council and the USA Rice Federation appreciates the continued efforts of the leaders and members of the House and Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee to complete work on a comprehensive, multi-year farm bill. The Georgia Peanut Commission, Alabama Peanut Producers Association, Florida Peanut Producers Association and Mississippi Peanut Growers Association are all members of the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation. read
more . . .
- A review of the 2012 Georgia Peanut Commission Research Reports
- The Georgia Peanut Commission held their annual Research Report
Day, February 13, 2013, at the University
of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference Center. The event provides growers and
industry representatives an opportunity to hear the latest reports on research
funded by GPC
in 2012. The GPC awarded
$260,000 to peanut research facilities in the state during 2012. This effort
funded 22 research projects from the University of Georgia and USDA Agricultural
Research Service. View Research Reports.
- Georgia Peanut Crop Progress Report
- Crop progress reports are generally issued weekly during the growing season,
and they contain information on plantings, growing, and harvesting
progress and overall condition of selected crops in major producing
states. The data, summarized by crop and by state, are republished
along with any revisions in the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin. read more . . .
- A review of the 2013 Georgia
- The Georgia Peanut Tour was held Sept. 17-19, 2013 in the Valdosta, Ga. area. The tour spotlighted South Georgia's peanut production area. The tour included a cross section of field conditions, peanut harvest clinics, production research at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus, Georgia Department of Agriculture Lab in Tifton, Ga., peanut handling and grading facilities and on-farm demonstrations. Review the tour online through the Georgia Peanut Tour Blog.
- A review of the 2013 Georgia Peanut Farm Show
- More than 1,800 producers were able to fine-tune their farming opeartions with
information gained at the 37th Annual Georgia Peanut Farm Show held
Jan. 17, 2013, at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference
Center in Tifton, Ga. The
show is sponsored by the Georgia Peanut Commission in cooperation with
the University of Georgia. read more . . .
- is the newest web site developed by the Georgia Peanut Commission. The site allows farmers to have direct contact to legislative activities in Washington, D.C. Peanut farmers are encouraged to check out the site today and take action by writing their member of Congress.