- Nominations open for Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer
- Nominations are now open for the Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer. The state winner will be announced at the Georgia Peanut Farm Show on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, in Tifton, Ga. The award is sponsored by the Georgia Peanut Commission and BASF.
Download award application - Microsoft Word/PDF
- Georgia Peanut Commission supports Trans-Pacific Partnership
- The Georgia Peanut Commission and other agriculture organizations in Georgia recently sent a letter to Georgia's Congressional delegation expressing support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership. According to the letter if TPP is implemented, TPP will help level the playing field for U.S. exports and create new opportunities for us in the highly competitive Asia-Pacific region.
View support letter
- 41st annual Georgia Peanut Farm Show set for Jan. 19, 2017, in Tifton
- Make plans to attend the 41st annual Georgia Peanut Farm Show and Conference scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference Center in Tifton, Georgia. The one-day show is free and open to all farmers and industry representatives to attend.
View press release
- Georgia Peanut Commission approves 2016-17 Research Projects
- The Georgia Peanut Commission (GPC) board of directors has approved $423,036
in research project funding for the
2016-17 research budget year. This action was taken during the commission’s March board meeting. The research projects approved include 30 project proposals submitted from the University of Georgia and USDA Agricultural Research Service.
View press release
View 2016-17 Approved Research Projects
- Georgia Peanut Commission Research Report Day
- The Georgia Peanut Commission held the annual Research Report Day, Feb. 10, 2016, at the National Environmentally Sound Production Agriculture Laboratory (NESPAL), located on the University of Georgia Tifton Campus. The event provided growers and industry representatives an opportunity to hear the latest reports and newest information available on peanut research projects funded by GPC in 2015.
View press release
View Reports of 2015 GPC Approved Research Projects
- Georgia Peanut Commission recognzies county Extension agents
- The Georgia Peanut Commission awarded county Extension agents recently with the Georgia Peanut Education for Excellence award. The awards are based on the complete peanut educational program over a three-year period for a county. Program examples include meetings, field days, newsletters, mass media, social media and result demonstrations. The winners are:
1st place - Bill Tyson, Bullock County
2nd place - Mark Crosby, Emanuel County
3rd place - Brock Ward, Miller County
4th place - Phillip Edwards, Irwin County
(Pictured left to right: Scott Monfort, UGA Extension peanut agronomist; Marcus Evans, GPC director of field services; Tyson, Crosby, Ward and Edwards.
- 2016 University of Georgia Peanut Update
- The University of Georgia Peanut Team produces a Peanut Update every year for growers. The update provides information for the 2016 production season focusing on marketing, replant decisions, peanut breeding, insect management, disease update, Peanut Rx and weed control. The publication
is made possible through funding from the Georgia Peanut Commission.
Download the 2016 Peanut Update.
- Farm Bill Update
- USDA has launched a 2014 Farm Bill website that provides updates on the implementation progress. The new Farm Bill will allow USDA to continue record accomplishments on behalf of the American people, while providing new opportunity and creating jobs across rural America. It will enable USDA to further expand markets for agricultural products at home and abroad, strengthen conservation efforts, create new opportunities for local and regional food systems and grow the biobased economy. It will provide a dependable safety net for America's farmers, ranchers and growers. It will maintain important agricultural research, and ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all Americans.
View the website
- Rotation Analysis
- Marshall Lamb, research director of the National Peanut Research Laboratory, created this presentation, "Rotation Analysis in 2014 and beyond."
Download the presentation.
- Georgia Peanut Commission Annual Report
- The Georgia Peanut Commission works on the farmer's behalf through promotion, research, education.
2015 Annual Report
2014 Annual Report
2013 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report
2013 Fall Board Meeting Report
View the full report by watching this presentation below. Select the left and right arrows to go forward and back in the presentation.
- Georgia Peanut Crop Progress Report
- Crop progress reports are generally issued weekly during the growing season,
and they contain information on plantings, growing, and harvesting
progress and overall condition of selected crops in major producing
states. The data, summarized by crop and by state, are republished
along with any revisions in the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin.
read more . . .