- National Center for Peanut Competitiveness releases "FSA Attributed Base Acreage and Total Base Calculator"
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness (NCPC) has officially launched the “FSA Attributed Base Acreage and Total Base Calculator.” The spreadsheet is a tool that allocates the traditional bases and allocates the generic base given what the producer certified to USDA. Methodology is based on reading of the 2014 Farm bill plus discussion wiht USDA-FSA personnel as well as reading the USDA-FSA rules published. Funding for the development of this decision tool was from Georgia peanut producers checkoff to the Georgia Peanut Commission and the National Peanut Board. Funding from peanut producers of Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Texas also aided in the develpment of the decision aid.
Download the FSA Attributed Base Acreage and Total Base Calculator
- 2015 University of Georgia Peanut Update
- The University of Georgia Peanut Team produces a Peanut Update every year for growers. The update provides information for the 2015 production season focusing on marketing, replant decisions, peanut breeding, insect management, disease update, Peanut Rx and weed control. The publication is made possible through funding from the Georgia Peanut Commission.
Download the 2015 Peanut Update.
- Farm Bill Update
- USDA has launched a 2014 Farm Bill website that provides updates on the implementation progress. The new Farm Bill will allow USDA to continue record accomplishments on behalf of the American people, while providing new opportunity and creating jobs across rural America. It will enable USDA to further expand markets for agricultural products at home and abroad, strengthen conservation efforts, create new opportunities for local and regional food systems and grow the biobased economy. It will provide a dependable safety net for America's farmers, ranchers and growers. It will maintain important agricultural research, and ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all Americans.
View the website
- Rotation Analysis
- Marshall Lamb, research director of the National Peanut Research Laboratory, created this presentation, "Rotation Analysis in 2014 and beyond."
Download the presentation.
- Georgia Peanut Commission Annual Report
- The Georgia Peanut Commission works on the farmer's behalf through promotion, research, education.
2014 Annual Report
2013 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report
2013 Fall Board Meeting Report
View the full report by watching this presentation below. Select the left and right arrows to go forward and back in the presentation.
- Georgia Peanut Crop Progress Report
- Crop progress reports are generally issued weekly during the growing season,
and they contain information on plantings, growing, and harvesting
progress and overall condition of selected crops in major producing
states. The data, summarized by crop and by state, are republished
along with any revisions in the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin.
read more . . .