January 16, 2014
University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference Center
Georgia Peanut Farm Show Tentative Schedule of Events
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014
10:00 a.m. — Exhibit area and show office open for exhibitor registration
5:30 p.m. — Exhibitor hall closes
6:30 p.m. — Exhibitor reception
Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014
7:30 a.m. — Show office opens for exhibitor set-up
8:30 a.m. — Show opens with door prize registration
9:00 a.m. — University of Georgia Peanut Production Seminar
10:35 a.m. — Peanut Seed Seminar
11:45 a.m. — Farm Show Luncheon
12:15 p.m. — Awards Ceremony
2:15 p.m. — Grand Door Prize drawing
2:30 p.m. — Show closes
Nearly 2,000 farmers are expected to attend the 38th annual event to see over 95 exhibits in the peanut industry.
University of Georgia Peanut Production Seminars and the industry wide sponsored
Peanut Seed Seminar.
The one-day show includes tours, awards ceremony and $40,000 in prizes presented to farmers.
- University of Georgia Peanut Production Seminar
- 9:00 a.m. - Small Auditorium
Welcome - Donald Chase, GPC Research Committee Chairman
Insect Management in Peanuts - Dr. Mark Abney
Hey Joe! Not Your 1994 White Mold Program Anymore - Dr. Bob Kemerait
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Detection of Field Problems - Dr. Glen Harris
Economics of Peanut Production - Dr. Nathan Smith & Mrs. Amanda Smith
Introduction of New UGA/Alabama Cooperative Extension Irrigation Specialits - Dr. Wesley Porter
- Industry Seed Seminar
- 10:35 a.m. - Small Auditorium
Welcome - Ricky Hartley
Farm Saved Seed - Terry Hollifield
Varieties - Dr. Bill Branch, Dr. Barry Tillman, Dr. Corley Holbrook
Calcium Applications - Dr. Glen Harris
Varieties on Horizons - Dr. Marshall Lamb, Dr. Darlene Cowart
The Industry Seed Seminar is sponsored by:
Southern Peanut Farmers Federation
The Peanut Foundation
American Peanut Shellers Association
Georgia Peanut Commission
- Kelley Manufacturing Co. sponsors Grand Door Prize
- During this year's show, Kelley Manufacturing Co. is providing the Grand Door Prize package for 2014. The winner receives one season's use of a new four or six row peanut combine. At the end of the 2014 season, the winner has the option of purchasing the combine from a KMC dealer with $10,000 off the list price. Also, KMC is providing a second drawing for $1,000 cash.
- Amadas Industries sponsors Grower Door Prize
- The Grower Prize is a certificate valued between $500.00 and as much as $10,000.00 toward the purchase of new Amadas equipment. This certificate can be redeemed at any time during 2014 and would make an excellent prize for someone planning an equipment purchase. If the winner does not make an equipment purchase in 2014 they will receive $500.00 through a credit at their local Amadas dealer.
- Blood Drive
- The Georgia Peanut Commission is holding a blood drive through One Blood on Thursday, Jan. 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. January is Blood Donor Month so help save a life by donating during Farm Show. Donors can stop by the bus any time during the show. All donors receive a free t-shirt and wellness check including cholesterol! Donors can also make an appointment in advance online at www.oneblooddonor.org and use sponsor code #G1132.
- Farm Show Door Prizes
- These door prizes will be awarded at 2:15 p.m. All winners must be present to receive the door prize.
3 - Southern Peanut Grower Growers Conference registration and hotel accommodations for farmer and spouse
12 gauge Benelli shotgun
.270 Browning lever-action rifle
Big Green Egg with accessories (size large)
2- Sanyo 42" televisions
2- $200 Gander Mountain gift cards
2- Gift Certificates for up to $600 towards the purchase of a Grill Guard for vehicle