- Georgia Peanut Commission set to hold Farm Bill webinar on Feb. 24
- Many questions have arisen following the Congressional passage of the Agricultural Act of 2014. Those questions will soon be addressed at the Georgia Peanut Commission Farm Bill Update Meeting and Webinar on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10:30 a.m. The webinar will be broadcast live at the University of Georgia (UGA) Tifton Campus Conference Small Auditorium in Tifton, Ga. and five additional locations in Georgia. read
more . . .
- 2013 Georgia Peanut Commission Research Reports
- The Georgia Peanut Commission held their annual Research Report Day, February 12, 2014, at the National Environmentally Sound Production Agriculture Laboratory (NESPAL), located on the University of Georgia Tifton Campus. The event provided growers and industry representatives an opportunity to hear the latest reports on research projects funded by GPC in 2013. read
more . . .
- 2014 University of Georgia Peanut Update
- The University of Georgia Peanut Team produces a Peanut Update every year for growers. The update provides information for the 2014 production season focusing on marketing, replant decisions, peanut breeding, insect management, disease update, Peanut Rx and weed control. The publication is made possible through funding from the Georgia Peanut Commission. read
more . . .
- 2014 Farm Bill Information
- - The Senate has approved the conference report on H.R. 2642, the farm bill, with a vote of 68-32. The bill will go to the President for signature later this week. read more . . .
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness released a chart comparing the 2013 U.S. House Farm Bill, 2013 U.S. Senate Farm Bill, and 2014 Conference Farm Bill. View the chart.
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness has been working to provide peanut growers with information pertaining to how the 2014 Farm Bill effects the peanut industry. NCPC released an outline of the base portion of the Farm Bill. Download info.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed the Agricultural Act of 2014 by a vote of 251 to 166 on Jan. 29, 2014. The Georgia Peanut Commission and the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation supported the 2014 Farm Bill. read
more . . .
- Georgia Peanut Commission 2013 Fall Activity Report
- The Georgia Peanut Commission has been working on the farmer's behalf this fall promoting peanuts through a variety of events. View the full report by watching this presentation below. Select the left and right arrows to go forward and back in the presentation.
- Georgia Peanut Commission urges timely completion of farm bill
- The Southern Peanut Farmers Federation, The National Cotton Council and the USA Rice Federation appreciates the continued efforts of the leaders and members of the House and Senate Farm Bill Conference Committee to complete work on a comprehensive, multi-year farm bill. The Georgia Peanut Commission, Alabama Peanut Producers Association, Florida Peanut Producers Association and Mississippi Peanut Growers Association are all members of the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation. read
more . . .
- Georgia Peanut Commission Research Reports
- The Georgia Peanut Commission holds a Research Report
Day in February annually. The 2014 report day will be held Feb. 12, 2014, at the National Environmentally Sound Production Agriculture Laboratory (NESPAL), located on the University of Georgia Tifton campus at 2360 Rainwater Road, Tifton, Ga. 31793. The event provides growers and
industry representatives an opportunity to hear the latest reports on research
funded by GPC
in 2013. The GPC awarded
$297,500 to peanut research facilities in the state during 2013. This effort
funded 22 research projects from the University of Georgia and USDA Agricultural
View Agenda for the 2014 Research Report Day
View 2012 Research Reports.
- Georgia Peanut Crop Progress Report
- Crop progress reports are generally issued weekly during the growing season,
and they contain information on plantings, growing, and harvesting
progress and overall condition of selected crops in major producing
states. The data, summarized by crop and by state, are republished
along with any revisions in the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin. read more . . .
- A review of the 2013 Georgia
- The Georgia Peanut Tour was held Sept. 17-19, 2013 in the Valdosta, Ga. area. The tour spotlighted South Georgia's peanut production area. The tour included a cross section of field conditions, peanut harvest clinics, production research at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus, Georgia Department of Agriculture Lab in Tifton, Ga., peanut handling and grading facilities and on-farm demonstrations. Review the tour online through the Georgia Peanut Tour Blog.
- A review of the 2014 Georgia Peanut Farm Show
- More than 2,000 producers were able to fine-tune their farming opeartions with
information gained at the 38th Annual Georgia Peanut Farm Show held
Jan. 16, 2014, at the University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference
Center in Tifton, Ga. The
show is sponsored by the Georgia Peanut Commission in cooperation with
the University of Georgia. read more . . .
- is the newest web site developed by the Georgia Peanut Commission. The site allows farmers to have direct contact to legislative activities in Washington, D.C. Peanut farmers are encouraged to check out the site today and take action by writing their member of Congress.