Peanut Chicken Chili
Presented by Don Koehler at the
2014 Southern Women's Show
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Directions In a pot or large Dutch oven mix these ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring often until the onions have become clear in appearance and all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Directions Add these ingredients and continue to cook, increasing heat if necessary to get the chili back to a boil.
Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for a couple hours or more, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Keep temperature on simmer to ensure the liquid doesn’t cook off.
Serve over rice and top with cheese.