George Washington Carver knew a thing or two when he discovered the many uses for . . . the peanut. Consumers today only have to know one thing. Peanuts are good and they're good for you. Try peanuts today in a stir-fry or one your favorite vegetables. Peanut butter makes a great dip for fruits or try spreading it on bread, bagels or muffins. Peanuts and peanut butter are packed with protein. In fact studies have determined that peanuts and peanut butter contain a wide variety of nutrients that will keep you healthy and fit!
- The Best Hometown PB in America
- From Nutty Jalapeño-Chicken Stuffed Peppers in the Southwest to PB and Chocolate Bars in the Northeast, our nation is filled with diverse, delicious peanut butter-packed dishes that reflect regional palates. To find the best hometown recipes, Southern Peanut Growers conducted its first “PB My Way” regional recipe contest and announced the winners recently.
View the winners
- Southern Women's Show
- The Georgia Peanut Commission and Southern Peanut Growers will be on hand at the Southern Women's Show in Savannah, Ga., Feb. 21-23, 2014. Don Koehler, GPC executive director, and Brenda Morris, peanut farmer from Irwin County, will demonstrate several recipes on the main cooking stage. In case you miss the show be sure to check out these recipes and add them to your collection.
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
Peanut Chicken Chili
Peanut Spinach Salad
The PB Cuban
- Go NUTS! A handful a day may help you live longer, docs say
- An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but if you want to live longer, a handful of nuts may be a better bet, researchers reported recently.
The biggest study yet into whether nuts can add years to your life shows that people who ate nuts every day were 20 percent less likely to die from heart disease, cancer or any other cause over 30 years than people who didn’t eat them.
Peanut Institute press release (Nov. 21, 2013) Eating Peanuts Daily Significantly Reduces All-Cause Mortality.
View the report from NBC News.
View the report from CNN.
- Georgia National Fair
- The Georgia Peanut Commission promotes peanuts annually each fall during the
Georgia National Fair in Perry, Ga. The promotion includes an exhibit
in the Georgia Grown pavilion, a culinary demonstration and sponsorship
of the Peanut Recipe Contest. During the culinary demonstration, Don
Koehler and Joy Purvis showcased three peanut recipes: PB&J Monte Cristo, PB Breakfast Wrap and PB Apple Salad.