- The Georgia Peanut Commission board of directors unanimously approved a motion opposing the sharing of grower-funded technology with other countries in direct competition with domestically produced peanuts. The motion was approved during the July 25, 2014, board meeting held at Panama City Beach, Florida, during the Southern Peanut Growers Conference. View press release..
- The 2014 Georgia Peanut Tour is scheduled this year for Sept. 16-18, 2014, in the Savannah, Georgia, area. The tour will spotlight the East part of Georgia's peanut production area. The tour includes a cross-section of field conditions, peanut harvest clinics, production research at the University of Georgia Research & Education Center in Midville, the Georgia Ports Authority in Savannah, grading facilities and on-farm demonstrations. Download registration form..
- The 2014 Georgia Peanut Bank Week is scheduled this year for Oct. 18-25, 2014 at banks across the state of Georgia. The deadline for orders is July 30, 2014 for all Georgia banks planning to participate. This year's theme is: "Peanuts. Power You Can Bank On." View more info.
- Southern Peanut Farmers Federation opposes changes in 2014 Farm Bill. View the letter.
- Farm Bill Webinar Archive.
- The Senate has approved the conference report on H.R. 2642, the farm bill, with a vote of 68-32. The bill will go to the President for signature later this week.
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness released a chart comparing the 2013 U.S. House Farm Bill, 2013 U.S. Senate Farm Bill, and 2014 Conference Farm Bill. View the chart.
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness has been working to provide peanut growers with information pertaining to how the 2014 Farm Bill effects the peanut industry. NCPC released an outline of the base portion of the Farm Bill. Download info.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed the Agricultural Act of 2014 by a vote of 251 to 166 on Jan. 29, 2014. The Georgia Peanut Commission and the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation supported the 2014 Farm Bill. read more . . .
- House-Senate Negotiators Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Final Farm Bill
The Georgia Peanut Commission promotes peanuts each year through the Georgia Peanut Bank Week held in October. >> Learn more about Georgia Peanut Bank Week
The University of Georgia Peanut Team produces a Peanut Update every year for growers. The update provides information for the 2014 production season focusing on marketing, replant decisions, peanut breeding, insect management, disease update, Peanut Rx and weed control. The publication is made possible through funding from the Georgia Peanut Commission. View the update . . .
The 16th Annual Southern Peanut Growers Conference is set for July 24-26, 2014, at Edgewater Beach Resort, Panama City Beach, Fla. The three-day event provides farmers an opportunity to learn more about the industry and issues affecting them while also enjoying a relaxing time at the beach. View conference info.