- 3-D video peanut production video created by the Georgia Peanut Commission
- Farm Bill Webinar Archive.
- The Senate has approved the conference report on H.R. 2642, the farm bill, with a vote of 68-32. The bill will go to the President for signature later this week.
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness released a chart comparing the 2013 U.S. House Farm Bill, 2013 U.S. Senate Farm Bill, and 2014 Conference Farm Bill. View the chart.
- The National Center for Peanut Competitiveness has been working to provide peanut growers with information pertaining to how the 2014 Farm Bill effects the peanut industry. NCPC released an outline of the base portion of the Farm Bill. Download info.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed the Agricultural Act of 2014 by a vote of 251 to 166 on Jan. 29, 2014. The Georgia Peanut Commission and the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation supported the 2014 Farm Bill. read more . . .
- House-Senate Negotiators Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Final Farm Bill
The peanut checkoff drives efforts to help Georgia and U.S. peanut farmers maintain yield. >> Learn more about Production Research
The University of Georgia Peanut Team produces a Peanut Update every year for growers. The update provides information for the 2014 production season focusing on marketing, replant decisions, peanut breeding, insect management, disease update, Peanut Rx and weed control. The publication is made possible through funding from the Georgia Peanut Commission. View the update . . .
Many questions have arisen following the Congressional passage of the Agricultural Act of 2014. Those questions will soon be addressed at the Georgia Peanut Commission Farm Bill Update Meeting and Webinar on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10:30 a.m. The webinar will be broadcast live at the University of Georgia (UGA) Tifton Campus Conference Small Auditorium in Tifton, Ga. and five additional locations in Georgia. Learn more...